What our laundry is doing and what we've done?
We believe actions speak louder than words and here is a summary of what our laundry has done.
- Laundries are heavy users of energy to heat water and iron linen. Modern equipment is energy efficient and we are committed to continue investing.
- >90% of machinery is less than 5 years old
- We aim to replace our vehicles every 5 years and have been purchasing euro 6 classification ahead of the legal requirements.
- We have invested over £5m each at our two new Laundry facilities, one in Gt. Yarmouth and one in Papworth, Cambridge
- We maintain our buildings and surroundings with our own permanent staff
- Our board is prepared to make long term decisions and will continue to consider the wider effect of business decisions
- Our business is all about restoring linen to a reusable quality. It is our core activity and a philosophy we run throughout the organisation
- Our washing machines recycle water and through heat recovery systems, only cold water leaves our site
- Our driers are designed to finish at the optimum moisture content level
- Our packaging is constantly under review and excess is retained and re-cycled
- We have halved our equivalent water consumption through our investment in our new plant
- Our ambition is to have zero waste to groundfill
- We re-use heat energy and circulate exhaust energy back into our process
- Our investment in our two new facilities in 2016 and 2020 means we use 1/3 less energy per kilo of laundry washed
- We carefully plan our distribution and monitor vehicle fuel economy
- We promote the concept of ‘Linen Miles’ and focus on Customers within 1 hour from our sites
- We monitor energy consumption continuously through the use of laundry dashboard(TM) to meet our objective of operating a sustainable business
Staff & Charitable activities
- We are proud of the energy and enthusiasm our staff put into raising money for good causes
- We support their activities and generally match fund their success from our profits
- We share our financial success with our staff
- Many of our Staff chose to stay with us – some for over 40 years
- We try and develop our promote our staff from within
- We select annually a charity to support